Support to Intercultural Projects
Ecumenical Humanitarian Organization signed donation contracts with ten educational institutions (elementary schools, secondary schools, preschool facilities), and thereby officially started a new cycle of intercultural thematic projects. EHO is in the fourth consecutive year of supporting projects aimed at mutual acceptance, understanding and initiation of diverse common activities in schools. Until now, 30 primary schools throughout Serbia were granted by the EHO for realization of intercultural projects.
This year, the amount of 1.100.000 RSD allocated for this purpose shall support these projects in Serbia:
1. "Moja škola-jednaka šansa za sve" (“My School – Equal Opportunity for All”), E.S. "Vitko i Sveta", Gadžin Han
2. "Iza ogledala" (“Behind the Mirror”), E.S. ."Dragiša Luković-Španac", Kragujevac
3. "Možemo zajedno" (We Can Together), Poljoprivredno-hemijska škola (secondary school for agriculture and general chemistry) "Dr Đorđe Radić", Kraljevo
4. "Različiti, a divno se igramo i družimo" (“So Different, Yet Wonderfully Playful Together”), PU "Radost" (preschool), Novi Banovci
5. “Umetnošću rušimo zidove, umetnošću gradimo mostove" (“Break Walls by Art, Build Bridges with Art”), Gimnazija Novi Pazar (Gymnasium), Novi Pazar
6. "UNESCO-v Međunarodni dan muzike" (“International Unesco Day of the Music”), Osnovna muzička škola (Primary Music School) "Josip Slavenski", Novi Sad
7. "Srce se ima da se daje svima" (“Your Heart is There to be Shared with All”), E.S."Sutjeska", Raška
8. "Radoznali vrtić" (“Curious Kindergarten”), PU "Poletarac" (preschool), Stara Pazova
9. "Upoznah, shvatih, razumeh" (“Obviam, cognovi, intellexit”), E.S. "Boško Palkovljević Pinki", Stara Pazova
10. "Kad razumem, ja umem" (“When I Understand, I Can”), E.S. "Mladost" Vrnjci, Vrnjačka banja.
Intercultural projects were forerun by trainings aimed at development of intercultural educational professional competence of employees in educational facilities. Until now EHO has organized 60 trainings attended by 1511 educators of various profiles from 275 preschool, primary and secondary schools.
These activities are part of the project “Improvement of living conditions of Roma and of other marginalized groups, prevention of illegal migrations and supporting reintegration of returnees to Serbia” financed by the SEM - State Secretariat for Migration, Switzerland, SDC - Swiss agency for development and cooperation, Switzerland, HEKS-EPER, Switzerland with units of local self-government in Serbia and realized by the consortium EHO – HEKS/EPER.